Blogging Around

This is my response to Kate K's 360 degree look on soul mates. In her post, she questions whether or not everybody has soul mates out their, and how they find them.

"I'm not sure whether I believe in soulmates or not. At the moment, I'm leaning towards not. What I believe is that there are multiple people, spread across the world, who would make you equally happy. I can't believe in just one soulmate, who God (or whatever) intended you to be with. But if you think about it, there are billions of people in the world. Chances are, there are hundreds of people that serve as perfect partners to you.

In a way, this theory is more comforting to me than the theory of having just one soulmate. What if that soulmate dies, or lives in China? Or finds someone else who they think is their soulmate? With my theory, you've got multiple chances to find somebody to love.

We see this happen all the time. Some people haves spouses die, but they can find love again. Could this happen if people just had one perfect soulmate?

People all like to think that they'll find love someday, and I'm not any different than that. Hopefully we all will, whether they're are "soulmates" or not. Because really, isn't "soulmate" just a term for someone we love unconditionally?"

This is my response to Crystal T's 360 Degree look on PostSecret. She talks about the significance of a specific secret, and how secrets don't just affect the people who sent them in, but the people who read them as well.

"Crystal, I really enjoyed your blog post also. I've been a follower of postsecret since last year and I've really enjoyed reading the secrets, it's been one of the highlights of my sunday (other than the homework).

I also really enjoyed the post it note. To me, it really speaks of an optimistic hope that we should have. Reading that quote brightened my morning.

In responding to the question at the end of your post, I immediately thought of Kite Runner. In the introduction to me essay, about how secrets drive the story forward, I talked about Post Secret. According to my thesis, people's stories are driven by their secrets. Maybe the people sent in the secrets to let them go, to follow a new, clean path in their life?

We all have some secrets, no matter how big or small they are. There's a big relief in letting go of your secrets. Some people might not think that guys do this, but I've shared a few secrets with my friends, and they with me. It's nice to know that somebody else knows, and postsecret allows you to have that feeling anonymously."

0 comments: