Metacognition: The Kite Runner Evidence Plan

As I started working on my Kite Runner essay, my mind kept wandering. There were the ted videos I need to watch, social studies reading, and a chemistry presentation to worry about. As I was preparing my essay plan, I wasn't able to put myself fully into it. Even though I knew that it was the skeleton of my essay, it didn't seem super important to me at that moment. I was aware that even after completing the evidence I would have almost a week to work on the essay and improve it. I could completely alter my evidence plan if I wanted to. I don't like this quality about myself, I tend not to completely throw myself into something until it's really important. This is relevant to the majority of things in my life, from homework, to practicing for a concert. While working on this part of the essay, I put in effort, but I don't really feel like I've made progress on an essay until I see paragraphs on paper. Hopefully in future projects, I'll be able to throw myself into something like this with all of my mind with it. This is a fundamental thought process that I need to alter about myself. I need to convince myself that working on something that will help reach the goal, without having the goal insight, is worth all my complete effort and time.

0 comments: