Blogging Around: Blogs

The first post I read was Emily’s. It mostly talked about how some blog prompts that she though were interesting weren’t really used, and that there could be some additional prompts that she thinks should be added. She also mentioned how she likes how the grading isn’t very subjective.

“I definitely agree with you Emily about adding some additional blog posts. I think that adding a post just about an interesting article that you read or something you saw in the news would really be beneficial to this assignment and make it feel more like a personal blog. Though we aren't graded very harshly for these blogs, I learned that we can lose points if are blog isn't long enough, which I think is slightly unfair as there weren't really any basic guidelines laid down in the beginning of the year. I do think this could be easily remedied though for next year.”

Alyssa’s metacognition post talked about how one of her favorite things was reading other student’s posts, and how she liked the prompts, how they gave some basic guidelines to the posts but then let the student do pretty much what they wanted with them.

“Reading other peoples blogs is one of my favorite things about this assignment too, though I really only get around to it when we have a blogging around prompt like this one (Mr. Allen should definitely keep these prompts for next year). In my metacognition post about this blog, I mentioned how I really didn't like a lot of the prompts we had, and that I'd rather just talk about what I wanted. But your post reminded me that some people really want a general structure to their posts, and I might be in the minority in that I'd rather not have them.”


0 comments: